This reflection is entitled...
The True Intent of Relationship
Union, the true upward union in the spirit, ends by establishing
the elements it dominates in their own perfection - Teilhard de
True relationship is a dance of intimacy ( a means to an end versus an
end in itself ) where both partners continually take hold and let go ~ leading
eventually to true SELF, inner joy and validation and the courage and freedom
to fully express and sing one's own true song .
As such , the true intent of relationship is the full flowering
of each partner . Thus, relationship must be seen as a journey
towards self discovery and the path is always through doors of fear.
Authentic relationship begins when both partners realize that
their quest will be fulfilled not in any " perfect relationship, " but
only when they reunite with their authentic self, which is still trapped
within a prison of childhood fears.
Since 50 % of all marriages end in divorce ~ perhaps we need another look
at relationships and why they are the true test of who we are .
As such, I will now describe the three types of relationships
we tend to set up in our quest to find ourselves.
- "GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS " RELATIONSHIPS
It is a dry creek bed waiting for the spring rain.
- Partners are joined by common fears and are usually completely dependent
on each other.
- There is little if any passion. few risks are taken and no real growth
- Both partners have settled for less than all of themselves ~ but at
the cost of growth and passion.
- They tend to see themselves as victims and usually are spectators
COLOR IT GREY
- "SAFE LOVE" RELATIONSHIPS
The dry creek bed has become a stream
- The ego is still in control and both partners have common dis-affinities
such as unworthiness, fear of love and intimacy, fear of rejection, abandonment,
aloneness , etc
- These tend to be intense and short lived relationships as both partners
vainly try to fill the others emotional void ~ when, in reality, they
are avoiding their own emotional void.
Mission impossible one and two.
As such, they are externally directed relationships
- They, in essence, eventually become enclosed in a common cocoon (a
cocoon for two) where love tends to contract versus expand.
- You can be relatively happy in a " safe love " relationship
( compared to a " Going through the motions " relationship )
but joy is elusive because little, if any, growth occurs ~ as both
partners will not give up control and refuse to surrender.
COLOR IT PASTEL
- ' SOUL MATE ' OR " GREAT LOVE " RELATIONSHIPS
You are now in the river of life
- Soul mates and great loves come into our life when we are ready to
find and fulfill our part in the loving plan.
Great love relationships are internally directed
and prepare us for the transition from ego consciousness to soul consciousness.
- The ultimate aim of such a relationship is for both partners to fully
emerge from their cocoons of fear and become their truest self.
This is the love that Teilhard de Chardin refers to when he
wrote: The only right love is between couples whose
passion leads them both, one through the other, to a higher possession
- There is little room here for the Ego's need to protect and control for
a great love confronts us with our deepest feelings and fears ~ and demands
that we SURRENDER !
- It requires us to grow beyond our fear to the place where we can both
consciously and unconditionally love our partner.
- It is a love that can both take hold and let go ~ for it is beyond
emotional dependency .
- There is tremendous joy and delight in soul mate relationships because
there is no greater joy than going ( and growing ) through our fears and
discovering our true self.
- This love is not for the faint of heart for, indeed, many who briefly
experience this fire will quickly run for cover ~ not realizing that they
are actually running away from what is deepest within themselves
COLOR IT VIBRANT PRIMARY COLORS
Like the moth to the flame ~ once you have
willingly burned in the fire of a great love ~ you will accept nothing less
You will then realize, as I have, that you
are the fire.
ONLY LOVE HEALS
All content copyright
© © Copyright 2017 Allen Roland
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .